It is super quick and easy to make, bursts with sweetness and savoury flavours and pairs nicely with any vege or meat dish. Can be made in bulk to add and flavour lunches. I mean aren’t you hungry now?
- 4 carrots, peel and slice length ways
- olive oil
- rind of one orange
- 1-2 tsps caraway seeds
- herbs for dressing
- Blanche chopped carrots for 3 or so minutes. This helps speed up the cooking a little but if you have time just pop them into the oven till tender.
- Place in baking tray drizzle with a little oil, add rind of orange and about 1 to 2 tsp of caraway seeds.
- Bake for about 20minutes till tender at 180deg.
- Serve in a bowl and dress with fresh parsley
This would be great to make as a big batch. Use each day for your lunch with extra salads. It won’t go soggy and will add an earthy sweet flavour to your salad bowl.