WHAT FEE LOVE’S: Like a lot of my recipes this is another super easy way to amplify nutrition. The sweetness of the carrot and beet meet nicely with the herbs and toasted almonds which add a little protein and fat. Beets are high in vitamin C, fibre, and essential minerals like potassium (assists nerves and muscle function) and manganese. The betalain (its red colour) pigments are great for liver detoxification especially phase 2.
- 2 grated carrots
- 2 small raw beetroots, peeled and grated.
- 1 green apple grated, skin on.
- rind of one lemon and its juice.
- freshly chopped mint and parsley.
- ½ cup of toasted almonds.
- Add everything together in a nice bowl.
- add lemon juice over salad.
- When ready to serve sprinkle the almonds over the top.
This salad would be great to make when asked to bring a salad to a gathering . Its goes with anything whether its a side of meat of an additional vegetarian plate.