This salad is so simple and can be served with any meal and in any season, the sauce is what makes this salad so addictive. I’ve served is along curry dishes, with BBQ type meals and when I’m in a hurry this is a quick vege side that is light and flavoursome. Cucumbers are so diverse as they can be made into a salad and also whizzed up into a smoothie. They are 95% water which is great for hydration but also contains some lovely minerals for a body boost like potassium, magnesium, vitamin C, folate, beta carotene, and vitamin K.
- 3 mini cucumbers.
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 crushed garlic
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp sesame oil.
- Chop ends of each cucumber. Lay on a chopping board and smack it a few times with a rolling pin to split. Cut each cucumber length ways into four pieces, then cut on the diagonal into bite-sized pieces.
- Place chopped cucumber into a bowl and sprinkle evenly with salt, and set aside until cucumbers release water, about 10 minutes. (can leave for longer)
- Mix all the sauce ingredients in a little bowl. Set aside.
- Drain off any water from the cucumbers and stir through the premixed dressing.
- Let it marinate for 30 minutes before serving. Will store covered in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Like i said this salad goes with any meal but goes really nicely with and Thai curry.