Pea Omelette for breaky?Course: BreakfastDifficulty: Easy
Pea omelette!!! Needed a big breakfast today. Peas are an amazing source of fibre and plant protein. 100gm which is just under a cup is about 8gm of fibre. The guidelines suggest 25 to 30gms per day should be achieved.
1 Cup of frozen peas
- Place the frozen peas into a glass bowl and pour over hot water. This is to start cooking them. While thats sitting…
- Whisk up your eggs with a fork, add any seasoning you like.
- Heat a non stick pan with some butter once bubbling add whisked eggs and move pan so eggs take up most of the pan.
- Drain the water for the peas and place on top of cooking egg.
- Once egg mixture is nearly cooked flip in half. Let it continue cooking.
- Place onto a plate and eat. You can add some sauerkraut for gut health or even some 1/2 a cup of spinach or grated carrot to top up the nutrition.
- One egg contains about 6gms of protein. So if you know intuitively how much protein your body needs you can work out how many eggs to add. You’ll know because once you’ve eaten you’ll feel full but not too full and this meal will give you energy till your next mid morning snack or lunch.