This recipe is one of my families favourites, including myself as the designated cook most nights. I’ve made it so many times I can prepare with my eyes closed. It’s got great taste and is moist. So easy to add more of your favourite spices. This is my base mix for burgers and meatballs. I’ve added a few different variations in the notes below.
Home made hamburgersCourse: Main
These burgers will impress your guests, super moist, gluten free, no egg and lots of flavour.
500gm of beef mince
500gm of pork mince
1/3C of almond milk
1 Tbsp or oregano
3 crushed garlic
Season with S+P
- Place all in=ingredients into a large bowl. With clean hands mix/knead the mixture till its well combined.
- grab small handfuls, roll into ball and place into a container spaced apart.
- Once the mixture is roll up then grab a potato masher and press down on each ball to make into a flat burger. I like them 2cm high. Your choice
- Cover and place in the fridge. can do this ahead of time.
- When ready to cook, place on a hot plate or BBQ and cook for liking.
- Serve with salad with or with out buns.
- Any left overs can be used for lunch boxes or high protein snacks the next day.
- I served mine with homemade oven roasted chips, guacamole, cucumber slices, chopped tomatoes, pineapple, cheese and cos lettuce.
- If you want to add different flavours try adding 1 heaped tsp of crushed fennel seeds and 2 tsp of cumin powder.