I’m not a big fan of bread like my boys so I made this easy dal for lunch in my pressure cooker. Took 10 minutes. I’ve got left overs to give to my Mum for dinner as well. She prefers eating vegetarian type meals and even better when it’s been prepared by some one else.
10 Minute Vego CurryCourse: Main, pressure cooker, lentils
These burgers will impress your guests, super moist, gluten free, no egg and lots of flavour.
Ghee/olive oil for frying
1 tsp Cumin seeds
1 chopped Onion
3 crushed Garlic
1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
1/2 tsp Coriander powder
1/2 tsp Red Chili powder
1/2 tsp Garam Masala
1/2 tbsp Ginger grated
1 tin of crushed tomatoes
1 cup Red lentils – rinsed really well
1/2C of frozen peas
3 cups Water
1 Lime juice
1/2C coconut Milk
- Start the pressure cooker in sauté mode 3 minutes, add oil and cumin seeds. Sauté.
- Add onions, ginger and garlic. Stir
- Add the rest of the spices incl the tomatoes.
- Turn off saute mode
- Add the lentils, peas, water, coconut milk and stir well.
- Cook on high pressure for 8 minutes.
- Dal is a personal thing some people like it thick and others more saucy. So adjust at this stage to your liking.
- I served with rice and a dollop of coconut yogurt.
- This makes a generous 4 serving dish. For leftover I would place into glass jars and place into the freezer. For on those nights or days you don’t feel like cooking you can whip this out and it won’t take too long to heat up.