If you love eggplant this is a dish for you. In the end the eggplant absorbs the sumac which is a middle eastern spice made from berries and becomes soft and gooey. You will find it in the spices section at your supermarket. Another nice addition for lunches but great as a vege side for dinner with a small piece of meat. PS Garlic helps keep away coughs and colds as well as the vampires!
You could also whip up some yogurt to drizzle over the eggplant. Maybe add a touch of honey and lemon juice then drizzle over and finish with some more sumac over the top
- 5 or 6 baby eggplants.
- Lemon Olive Oil.
- Sumac spice.
- Crushed garlic
- Green herbs to serve (mint would be nice)
- Cut eggplants in half and char grill to give that nice scored look.
- Place in baking tray drizzle with a little oil, add garlic, sprinkle with sumac.
- Bake until soft about 20 to 30 minutes at 160deg. You don’t want the garlic to burn so lower the temp a little. It’s sensitive being you know!
- You can cut in half again or serve as is on a lovely platter and sprinkle with your fav fresh herbs.