Edamame Salad with Brown Rice and Sesame Dressing
This salad was super and the dressing really kicks it all off. It’s great as a side to some meat or into a lunch box because it won’t go soggy. Check tips below for ideas.
1.5 cups brown rice cooked and cooled
1 C defrosted edamame bean (frozen isle near peas)
1 whole red pepper diced
1 1/2 C cucumber diced
3/4 C favourite chopped herbs
1 pink lady
1 C spinach, wilted
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 pinch sea salt
4 tbsp lime juice
3 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp fresh ginger grated
1 whole garlic clove minced
Cracked black pepper
- Combine all of the dressing ingredients into a small glass jar with lid. Shake and set aside.
- Prepare all salad ingredients as above and place into a bowl
- Add as much dressing as you like. Left over can be put into the fridge to drizzle over something else.
- Taste and add more dressing if desired.
- If serving straight away place into a nice bowl or if using later put into a container and into the fridge
- I used this salad over a few days. One day I served with 2 boiled eggs and the other with left over chicken from dinner the night before.
- This salad on its own contains all essential amino proteins. So you could eat as is but if you wanted some variety on your plate you could add some extra salad like carrot salad and or asparagus and avo salad
- Want to read more about Edamame beans they are a greta addition to salads to bump up plant protein and fibre.