I love everything about this salad. Its easy and quick to make and tastes gorgeous. You can also make ahead of time and allow the citrus to ignite its flavours. Serve cold or warm and a lovely addition to weekly lunches. The avo and pistachio provide some fat to help sustain your energy and asparagus has plenty to talk about. Bursting anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidants plus vitamin C, beta-carotene, vitamin E, and the minerals zinc, manganese, and selenium ta boot.
- 2 bunches of asparagus, ends chopped and cut in half.
- 1/2 an avocado, cut into bite size pieces.
- 1/2 to 1 lemon rind and a little juice.
- Rind and juice of one orange.
- 1/2 cup of pistachios.
- Olive oil for dressing.
- Blanche chopped asparagus for 3 or so minutes. Place in serving dish.
- Chop avocado into nice chunks add in.
- Drizzle lemon juice to stop browning.
- Add lemon + orange rind.
- Drizzle with orange juice.
- Sprinkle with small handful of pistachios.
- Sit down + nourish your belly.
Like i said this salad goes with any meal and would be nice at a BBQ with a small side of white fish or chicken. Enjoy your food with love.