Its takes time to make this stock but it’s worth it. Fabulous for when you have any family down with illness or just run down in the winter season. It’s chock full of minerals, vitamins, and amino acids to support your body while you rest and recover and takes the edge off your digestive system. Besides it just tastes amazing and smell divine while cooking!!!!!!
Chicken BrothCourse: Main, soupCuisine: ImmuneDifficulty: Easy
2 organic (ideal) chicken carcasses.
any vegetables you have in the fridge roughly chopped skin on.
favourite spices some ideas below
- Fill a stock pot with filtered water (you want it just covering the contents)
- Add chicken and roughly chopped vegetables. Mine broth had carrots, mushrooms, onion skin on, garlic cloves skin on cut in half, celery, left over passata (1/4 of a bottle), end of a broccoli stalk.
- add extra flavours. My extra flavours were: fresh thyme, turmeric, dried oregano, chilli flakes, fresh ginger, S&P. (increases anti-inflammatory properties of the stock)
- Cook for at least 4 hours to allow all the favours to escape
- When you’re ready carefully pour the contents through a colander into another pot that’s big enough to take all the liquid. You only keep the liquid not the contents.
- Once you have your broth you can add to any cooking that requires stock.
- Drink it by the cup full if you’re sick.
- Make into a soup by adding more vegetables and to increase the fibre add brown rice or legumes.
- I like to add cooked chicken, rice noodles and a few extra veges.
- It can be frozen for up to 3 months. Freeze in easy to use portion sizes.