A great summer season fruit; containing 90% water therefore great for flushing your hard working kidneys and keeping you hydrated. It’s full Vitamin C, Vitamin B6, Potassium, Vitamin A, Magnesium plus powerful carotenoid antioxidants.
FOOD AS MEDICINE
- Great for hydration as this fruit is about 90% water. This is not a replacement for water but rather a top up. Your kidneys will love you too as that extra water will help flush more toxins out of your body.
- Lycopene; a powerful anti-inflammatory substance helping to protect against oxidative damage to our cells. Watermelon has more of this than a tomato.
- Contains important nutrients like Vitamin C, Vitamin A, B6, Potassium, Magnesium helping to boost bodily processes.
- One serving is about 1 cup or so.
- Cut into triangles, insert a ice block stick into the skin, then pop into the freezer. Great for cooling down big and small people.
- It increases electrolyte status (minerals like sodium, potassium, calcium, magnesium, phosphate that help correct the balance of fluids inside and outside of your cells) thus keeping you hydrated; add a piece of watermelon with skin on into a water bottle with a pinch of sea salt. Drink through the day.