Support your body with food by directly regulating your blood sugars levels with the consumption of sweet potato. Its full Vitamin A, Vitamin B6, Potassium, Vitamin C, Manganese plus powerful carotenoid antioxidants and it looks gorgeous on the plate.
FOOD AS MEDICINE
- Great fibre content; 1 cup will supply you with about 16% of your daily needs. Fibre also slows down digestion which helps your energy to be drip fed into your system. Also cleans out your intestines and forms better stools.
- Contains important nutrients like Vitamin A, Vitamin C, B6, Potassium, Manganese which help boost bodily processes.
- It has a low glycemic load; this is a calculation that tells you how food will affect your blood sugars after eating it.
- Lycopene; a powerful anti-inflammatory substance which helps protect against oxidative damage to our cells.
- Fermentable fibers promote healthy gut flora in the digestive tract, especially when cooked and cooled.esses.
- One serving is about 1 cup or so.
- Ensure you add some fat (butter, olive oil, yogurt) to your sweet potato as Vitamin A is a fat soluable vitamin, this aids with the absorption.
- Try my recipe crispy sweet potato or sweet potato stuffed with black beans.