Stress the gut and fruit
Fruits are a nutritional powerhouse as they contain essential vitamins, minerals and important levels of fibre. You should be aiming for 2 per day.
When we are stressed our gut tends to respond negatively with constipation or diarrhoea or even a bit of both.
👉 Fruit does help with constipation but just remember to increase slowly, consume water through the day and try to do some walking.
👉 With diarrhoea it depends what the trigger is and if it’s long term. The best way to treat short term is remove the food triggers if known and from a fruit perspective consume poached apples start with 1/3 of a cup and or a banana. These fruits are less irritating on the gut.
👉 Drink water at least at 2L / day
👉 Remember if it is ongoing don’t ignore please seek help from me or your local doctor.
FOOD AS MEDICINE
- A serving is 1/2 a cup.
- Contains vitamin C. Thank you Mother Nature. Infused with antioxidants, containing a class of phytonutrient called cartonoid more specifically beta-carotene, cryptoxanthin, lutein and zeaxanthin. All helping to reduce your inflammatory load.
- Vitamin A which 1/2 a cup will give you about 30% of your daily requirement. Vitamin A awesome for your immune system.
- Giddy up with fibre. Make sure you’re getting your 25 to 30gms / day. Papaya packs a punch with 1/2 a cup knocking of 3.5gm off your daily quota.
- So you’re aiming for 25 to 30 gas per day. This chart is handy to check how you’re doing.
- I would serve your 1/2 a cup with a squeeze of lime juice a dollop of plain coconut yogurt and some toasted oats.