You know the feeling when you’re all settled in for the night, dinner is cooking and you have a hankering for dessert? Well my friends this is this dish you can prepare quite quickly and its healthy too. Full of fruit, fibre and grains and a little sugar. You can swap out the fruit for your favourite as well.
Apple + Blueberry CrumbleCourse: DessertDifficulty: Easy
1 tin (410gm) of apples or any fruit
1 cup of frozen blueberries
2 Tbsp of brown sugar or honey
- CRUMBLE (about 1.5 cup)
1/2 C of plain flour any type
1/2 C of almond meal
1/4 C of quinoa flakes or oats
1/4 C brown sugar
50gm cold butter, cut into small cubes
Olive Oil for top
- Put oven onto 180deg
- Open tin of apples and place into a glass oven proof bowl then place frozen blue berries on top and sprinkle over the sugar. Don’t mix. I used a 14cm round pyrex dish.
- Mix all your crumble ingredients together, in order except olive oil.
- Use your fingertips to quickly and lightly rub flour and butter together until it resembles fine breadcrumbs. Then place over fruit.
- Press down topping slightly and drizzle over with olive oil. This is to ensure the mixture doesn’t dry out. Place into the oven for about 40 minutes or until the juice is bubbling up and its golden.
- We served with vanilla ice cream.
- fruit layer….you can use any fruit you like. Change the amounts depending on how many your serving and how big the dish is. Doesn’t matter how much fruit you use. The key is to have at least a 3-to 4cm layer for the crumble.
- Any leftovers great for a morning tea pick me up without the ice cream of course 🙂