Lazy Sunday BBQ Kebabs on the deck
These went down really well. Once you’ve marinated the chicken the rest of the dinner can be ready really quickly. It is worth marinating over night. The flavours just intensify.
1 cup plain yoghurt (I used coconut)
4 cm fresh ginger root
1 tsp turmeric powder
4 crushed garlic
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground coriander
pinch ground nutmeg
2 tsp fish sauce
2 lime leaves (Remove midrib & cut thinly with scissors)
Rind of 1 lemon
Season with S+P
1.4kg Chicken thighs
- Mix all yogurt marinade together in a large bowl.
- Cut visible fat off chicken thighs, then cut into length way pieces.
- Add chicken to marinade, Mix thoroughly, cover and put in the fridge over night or at least a few hours.
- Threading the Chicken once marinated
- Put the sticks into water for 20 minutes or so. This stops them burning.
- Grab marinated chicken and start threading 2-3 pieces of chicken onto each stick. You thread the meat on so the it stays on the stick. Place onto a server, covered until ready for the BBQ.
- Make sure the BBQ is clean and on a low heat. Cook for about 25minutes turning when required. The low heat stops them from burning quickly. It takes a little longer but is worth the effort.
- I served these with yellow rice (just added curry power into water as rice was cooking) and chopped cucumber. So simple but ooh so mouth watering.